There are some areas of our home that remain a mysterious span of unused space. One of those magical places is the algebraic shaped wall underneath your Stairs. With the understanding of the structure beneath the steps, it is still the odd man out in a homes design. Designers have dressed up the enigma to match the décor of the room it is located in. From coats of paint to varied paneling, the innovations are endless.
Before you begin, you want to know the details of the construction behind the wall. This will help you to decide the best course of action for your project. Once you have all of the information, you can start deciding how you want to use the area. Proven and popular options have taken a leap forward in the design industry. Here are a few ideas that will inspire you to get started.
Make an Under the Stairs Room Within A Room
Instead of leaving the space under the stairs closed off, you have the option to open it up and use it in a variety of ways. Clever and resourceful options include:
- The space under the stairs would make a special home for a furry family member. A bed and small light will create a cozy cove for your pet.
- Toys from tots can be picked up and out of the way. Small shelves can organize the types of toys while the space is large enough for small children to come and go as they please.
- Building shelves inside and adding a door or curtain is a stylish way to store extras with easy accessibility. Comforters, photo albums and an excess of larger kitchen or serving accessories will fit nicely in your under the stairs design.
A New Space Under the Stairs
If you prefer to keep the wall intact while reinventing the area, there are several uses for a small and out of the way space. Depending on the needs of your home, you can try numerous layouts to define the section under the stairs.
- A smart work space will suit the size of the area nicely. A small desk and all of the trimmings can turn into an office to work in and prepare your household agenda. You can keep your address book, envelopes and stationary in your chic office which helps with organization and saves room in drawers or other cabinets.
- If you enjoy reading, you can utilize a chaise or bench that is styled with the comfort of fashionable pillows. Adding a sconce light above and an accent table to the side completes a personal reading nook.
- Carve out or build a shelving unit for your favorite books or a charming wine rack. Displaying photos and cherished memoirs will make a great addition to your arrangement. They can be designed in depth or externally on the surface in any size you prefer.
Converting the space under the stairs into a functional or decorative design is stylishly smart. Matching the project to the theme of the room will make a wonderful addition to your home.